Oct 2020 - Nov 2021
Senior Product Designer (second designer)
Miro, Figma, Framer, TryMyUI.com
Delphia is an investment app that uses pooled data & ML to predict company fundamentals.
I joined Delphia as the second designer of the team. I made our app better every iteration, weaving intention into every pixel.
Signup & Onboarding
I designed Delphia’s sign up and onboarding experience. I designed the illustrations in Figma, animated them in AfterEffects, and delivered with Lottie. Collaborated with Rani Saha on the animation.
Invest Graph Redesign
We wanted to make the graph more informational and recognizable.
- I made the graph a lot simpler to make sure the graph is recognizable as a graph, even when it has few data points.
- I added "returns" and "total winnings" labels to clearly communicate the two values Delphia brings to customers.
- I added an indicator for net deposit amount in the dragging state so that the customers can see the investment returns compared to the deposit amount.
Contribute Tab Redesign
Important but overlooked
- Contribute tab is where customers contribute their data to Delphia, and it was vital to make the experience clear and understandable at a glance.
- We haven’t properly redesigned the Contribute tab after the rebranding. This area was left at a re-skinned state.
New product update
- Delphia started to offer no-fee investing for everyone, instead of contributing data to get fee discounts.
- The Contribute tab needed un update to reflect the new direction.
- I redesigned the Contribute tab to be more engaging and understandable.
- I also made this page embody and express Delphia's branding.
Customers should be able to view and compare different portfolios and choose the option that fits their best interest.
- I emphasized how we use data, because that’s where Delphia is different from our competitors.
- I also rewrote the portfolio descriptions so it’s easier to understand.
Referral Landing Page
- Designed the website to resemble a cordial invitation, revisiting and reinterpreting the original intent of the brand.
- Dedicated a section to explain what Delphia does and how it works.
- Highlighted how we handle security based on learnings from usability tests.
Deco Design System
I’ve slowly compiled and refined common components as the product evolved. I also redrew the existing icons to match the new brand.